I’m come to the conclusion-I do that often-readers want more than just articles. If you’re like me, sometimes reading a thousand word articles can be a drag when you haven’t had you’re morning coffee. Am I right or am I right?
I want to get you involved as much as possible, as my goal is to make Ancient Digger a multimedia site. What better way to see who my readers are then to start accepting travelogues and video showcases of you on location at a historical site.
Sometimes it’s easier to understand a site or aspect of history when it’s described in another fashion by a different person. Consequently, I can’t be all over the world at all times, but all of you are. This means many of you have access to sites, maybe even a couple miles away from your home.
I want to hear you’re perspectives. You don’t have to be experts. You don’t even have to put yourself on film. I do, however, want to hear some commentary.
My goal is to receive seven videos. I would like to run a new video every day for a week once a month.
Along with the video, I would like you to provide me:
- A short bio about yourself
- An introduction for your video
- A link to your own website or blog
I can’t accept every video sent to me and I do apologize ahead of time. Remember I only need seven, so the sooner you can get your video sent to me the better. I may choose to use your video for a later date. If that’s the case, I’ll let you know via email.
This is something I’m trying and if it works, I would like to devote one week out of every month for your travel videos. Just remember, although the videos are about travel destinations, I still need to hear the history. Don’t give me a commercial. Make it personal!
Now you’re probably wondering what you get out of this deal. Am I right? If you said no, I thank you for your generosity. However, I would like to give you something back.
I will be devoting a page just for you. My video tour guides. Your name and a link to your site will reside there permanently, divided by month submitted and the name of your video.
Lauren Axelrod “Natives of Florida”
Rules For Video Submission
- Original work only.
- Video Format needs to be compatible with Vista, Windows 7, and XP. If I can’t upload or embed your video to the site, I can’t use it.
- No profanity in the video. Keep it friendly to all ages.
- Please keep the commentary easy to understand.
- Topic of the video should be about travel, archaeology, anthropology, culture, or history. You know what this site’s about, so stick to the format.
- Length of the video must be no less than 2 minutes and no longer than 10 minutes.
- I encourage you to film the video in English. However, if you'd like to film in your native language, I will need the translation for the video or you can add subtitles to the video itself.
- Please do not submit videos already published to YouTube. I want originals.
- Submit all videos to email@example.com. In the subject line put "Video TellTales Week Submission".
Helpful Tips and Extras
- If you’d like to include friends in the video or family members, it’s entirely up to you.
- You can use music.
- You can use a rendering service like Animoto to create your video. I use them all the time. In that aspect, they will provide you en embed code. Copy and Paste. Very easy.
- Creativity is encouraged. So if I see you in an Indiana Jones hat with a whip, most likely I’ll love it.
- Videos can be made in Windows Live Movie Maker, Animoto, from a video camera, Webcam, or other video software you may have.
VotingYou are more than welcome to comment on the videos once they are published, however voting will not commence until all seven videos have been posted.
To vote, just sign into the comment system and write vote under your favorite video. You will have until the end of the month to vote and you can only vote once. You can, however, encourage your friends and family to vote and comment.
On the first of the month I will announce the winner.
The winner will receive a free Ancient Digger T-shirt, 2 Free months of advertising (banner 125 x 125 or link), and an announcement page with a link back to your site.
For all of my six runner ups, you will still receive a spot on the video tour guide page. Your name, link to your video, and a link to your site will reside there permanently.
Ladies, you can chose a shirt from these pages:
Gentlemen, you can chose a shirt from these pages:
T-shirts Page 1
T-shirts Page 2
September 11th Videos Due
September 20th Voting Starts
September 30th Voting Stops
October 1st Winner Is Announced
Please Note: This is an off week for the Monday Ground Up Edition. I'm trying to promote the new Video TellTales Week, so make sure you tell your friends and remember, September 11th will come quite soon.
If you have any further concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to use the contact form.
I'm looking forward to seeing the submissions.
Owner Ancient Digger