The Institute of Maritime History and the Lighthouse Archaeology Maritime Program recently completed an sonar survey of the waters in front of Mt. Vernon, George Washington's home. Partering with the archaeology department at Mount Vernon, we began the first exploration of a presidential maritime landscape.
This video could not be more fun with popular tunes by James Brown, mixed with a slide show of the archaeologists working on the project and kicking back a bit. Who knew that archaeology could be so fun? Oh, I did, I did!
Even before I began my education in anthropology and archaeology, I had read several books on theory and method, as well as researched diver...
Hot Archaeology Topics
- Best Graduate and Undergraduate Schools, Universities, and Colleges for Archaeology and Anthropology
- The History and Meaning of Ancient Egyptian Jewelry
- 30 Dirty Archaeology Jokes and One Liners That Will Have You Rolling In The Dirt!
- How did the Scientific Revolution Change the way Europeans Viewed The World?
- Pompeii: Erotic Art and Roman Sexuality
- Monday Ground Up: The Contributions and Legacy of the Hebrews
- US Archaeology and Anthropology Schools and their Disciplines
- Best Schools for Biological and Evolutionary Anthropology and Archaeology
- Lascaux Cave: Deciphering the Chinese Horse
Browse: Home > Mount Vernon IMH/LAMPArchaeology Project