The Origins Discovery Project is a non-profit-making organisation set up to find the lost archive of the Jewish Second Temple, believed to contain title deeds to land, correspondence and records relating to the Second Temple period of Jewish history. The Temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 CE.
- You need to be physically fit.
- You must arrange your own insurance.
- The fee for volunteers is $600. You will receive: 6 hotel nights, plus 2 meals per day, and a guided tour of Ein Gedi and Massada on day 7
- You must arrange your own transport to and from the airport (by bus to Ein Gedi from Jerusalem Terminus: bus line number 421` leaves at 9.45 am & line number 486 leaves at 13.30 pm - it is a 1.5 hour journey and will cost $12 one way.
- Please bring: light, leather working gloves (like truck driver gloves) , flash light on a helmet, camelpack for water, face mask with filters, 40 litre back pack good walking shoes / boots, insect repellent, sunscreen, and metal detector only if you have one.
To volunteer for the 2012 season, please sign up here.