It's one of my favorite archaeological sites on earth. The mysterious city of Petra was carved into the steep cliffs, lining Arabah, a valley that runs from the Dead Sea to the Gulf of Aqaba. Most remember Petra from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, however they probably never knew the history behind it.
ARCHAEOLOGY NEWS – Ancient Digger brings you the latest archaeology news and headlines everyday of the week! Washington's birth site ...
Hot Archaeology Topics
- Best Graduate and Undergraduate Schools, Universities, and Colleges for Archaeology and Anthropology
- How did the Scientific Revolution Change the way Europeans Viewed The World?
- 30 Dirty Archaeology Jokes and One Liners That Will Have You Rolling In The Dirt!
- The History and Meaning of Ancient Egyptian Jewelry
- Archaeology News: May 23, 2017
- Best Schools for Biological and Evolutionary Anthropology and Archaeology
- La Casa Tomada: The Haunted House Presented at Daytona State College
- Pompeii: Erotic Art and Roman Sexuality
- US Archaeology and Anthropology Schools and their Disciplines
Browse: Home > Petra In Under 3 Minutes