The Classic Fairytale’s Castle: Neuschwanstien Castle is located in the Bavarian Alps of Germany and is the most famous of three Royal Palaces built for Louie II of Barvaria who was sometimes referred to as Mad King Ludwig. It was started in 1869 and wasn’t finished when Louie died in 1886. This castle is certainly one of romance in the 19th century and could set your imagination stirring at a glance especially where it is set with towers and spires. It is set on a high point of the Pullat River gorge, just the place for a knight in shining armor to come riding on a white horse to rescue the damsel in distress. Believe it or not this castle had running water on all floors back then, toilets that flushed and a warm air heating system for every floor. by Betty Carew
Even before I began my education in anthropology and archaeology, I had read several books on theory and method, as well as researched diver...
Hot Archaeology Topics
- Best Graduate and Undergraduate Schools, Universities, and Colleges for Archaeology and Anthropology
- The History and Meaning of Ancient Egyptian Jewelry
- 30 Dirty Archaeology Jokes and One Liners That Will Have You Rolling In The Dirt!
- Pompeii: Erotic Art and Roman Sexuality
- How did the Scientific Revolution Change the way Europeans Viewed The World?
- US Archaeology and Anthropology Schools and their Disciplines
- Best Schools for Biological and Evolutionary Anthropology and Archaeology
- Best Graduate Schools for Classical Archaeology
- Monday Ground Up: The Contributions and Legacy of the Hebrews
Browse: Home > Fascinating Castles and Palaces From Around the World